"I enjoy applying imagination, creativity, and
innovation towards telling stories with pictures, whether 2-dimensional,
3-dimensional, animated or static, using every image making technique available
Photography | Cinematography | Holography
| Applications of Holography
* Worked as Photojournalist for Rolling Stone Magazine 1972-1974 and then
photo-editor Annie Liebowitz, covering both the Republican and Democratic
National Conventions, as well as over 200 musical acts.
Laser Lighting | Consulting | Lecturing | Videography
* Published over 1000 photographs as
photographer for various national publications including Time Magazine,
Associated Press, New Times Magazine(the original), Pursuit Magazine, Sky,
Scientific American, as well as others.
* Produced photographic illustrations for album,
magazine and book covers for William Morrow, Harper and Row, Arista Records,
Columbia Records, Stax/Volt, Mix Magazine, New York Times Sunday Magazine, Dell
Books, Straight Arrow Books, and Polydor.
* Brochure, postcard, and magazine photography
for South Beach Studios, Marlin Hotel, Island Trading, & Island Records.
* Produced 16mm short film titled "Rainbow
Visions" featuring laser lighting effects and fiber optics.
* Filmed over 100 holographic stereograms in
35mm motion picture format for portraiture and advertising applications.
Holography: (some selected projects)
*Created holograms for Conexiones Americanas
Mexico, a full-color, animated hologram of Gloria Trevi for 1996 calendar.
and produced first digitally-composited, embossed, full-color holographic
stereogram of "Jesus Christ". This hologram was the largest embossed
stereogram in the world.
* Founded 3-D Worldwide Holograms, Inc., a
state-of-the art holographic production company located in Miami, Florida.
As President and Director of Research and Development, the facility was
comprised of 3 world-class optical production laboratories and advanced
technology interactive motion control film and video studios. The studios were
linked with a digital production facility running 5 Silicon Graphics
Established the first holographic art gallery and studio in the Southeast United
States, Holografix 1975
Built first laser laboratory for hologram production in Southeastern United
* Invented, produced and installed first
computer controlled talking holographic portraits for Sheik Mohammed Al Fassi,
Star Island, Florida.
* Founding member and exhibitor of The Museum of
Holography in New York City, where three original works were exhibited 1975.
* Exhibited holograms in largest-ever
holographic art exhibition titled "Images in Time & Space,"
Produced largest art hologram "mural" in U.S. for K- C Aviation,
Dallas, Texas measuring 3 feet x 8 feet. Installation as interior design
element aboard Canadair Challenger private jet aircraft
- Produced holograms for first Spanish language publication to bear a
hologram, Geomundo Magazine.
* Produced holograms for financial software brochure cover
"Systeme" Inc., Orlando, Florida.
*Filmed and produced signed, limited-edition holographic portrait of Dizzy
Gillespie. This hologram is currently in public and private collections in over
a dozen countries and has commanded the highest price paid for any hologram of
* Designed and produced holograms for Marriott World Center
brochure cover Orlando, Florida.
* Produced 360 degree hologram for United
Technologies/Norden Systems, Norwalk, Connecticut, of B-1 Bomber Aircraft. This
hologram represented the first application of video acquisition (1" format)
for hologram creation.
Filmed first in series of Native American Holo-Portraits in Washington, D.C.
1990 Series now includes over 40 subjects.
Scientific and Engineering Applications of
* Produced 360-degree and 120-degree time lapse
cloud studies for Atmospheric Sciences Division of N.A.S.A. at Huntsville, as
well as N.O.A.A.'s National Meteorological Experimental Hurricane Laboratory.
* Conducted Holographic Non-Destructive Testing
and Vibration Analysis for Dr. Dinnan at the University of Georgia Physics
Department, for corroborative evidencing samples for patent submission.
* Built and operated laser laboratory for
Holographic Non-Destructive Testing of Crystals, for 27-year Senior I.B.M.
Scientist and inventor of the Liquid Crystal, Dr. Marcel Vogel at P.R.I., San
* Produced analytical laser transmission
holograms for Lawrence Livermore National Radiation Laboratory.
* Created 3-dimensional Scanning Electron
Micrographs at Rosensteil Marine Biology Laboratories, University of Miami, Key
Laser Lighting Installations &
Designed, produced, and installed computer-controlled kinetic laser lighting
system for Omni International Hotels, Miami, Florida and Shannon Discotech,
Provided laser lighting effects for Cheerwine TV commercial, Steve Minor, AFI
* Consulted for Coulter Electronics on
laser-induced, florescent spectroscopic device.
* Consulted for Coca Cola Corporation, Atlanta,
Georgia on holographic applications for marketing and packaging.
* Provided holographic consulting services for
Hasbro for design and application of holograms to toy industry.
* Taught holography at Holografix Inc. Laser Labs in
Participated in Artists in The Schools Program in Dade County at the request of
Mrs. Jacqueline Hinchey. Lectured on and demonstrated holography in over 40
* Cameraman on over one dozen Toyota regional
* Senior producer for Metro Dade Transit
Agency's video production facility. Produced training videos as well as public
* Produced, scripted, shot, and edited
infomercials for Turboscan International, Coral Gables, Florida as well as
organized and ran video department with Sony Beta editing suite.
* Video effect backgrounds for Jon Secada
20-minute video for Forti/Layne productions aired on VH-1 network .
* Cameraman, Microsoft MediaPlayer website THE 4TH
ANNUAL ULTRA BEACH MUSIC FESTIVAL.
* Produced, directed, "Ilana Lilienthal:
Sculpaintings" 15min Video animated exposition of the artist's work.
* Produced, "Kabala :Peace Thru Sharing" 5
minute animation with artist Stuart Ellis.
* Time-lapse animation cameraman for Red Feather
Productions, "Office Depot :A Great Place To Work"
* Assisted director on 3-D video
production " Birthday Bop" shot using twin Sony 90 cameras recorded in
* Created 3-D demonstration video for client
pre-visualization of full color animated holograms using Liquid Crystal Glasses
for 3-D viewing.